This week: Dueling Doctor Whos! Two writeups of The Doctor for Marvel Heroic Roleplaying hit The Gamer Assembly this week. Enjoy them and the rest of this week’s links.
Articles posted here on The Gamer Assembly.
- The Call To Assembly, Volume 2, our 2nd collection of Gamer Assembly posts is now available as a free PDF at RPG Now and as a not-free printed magazine at Lulu!
- Doctor Who in Marvel Heroic Roleplaying by Brent Newhall gives us a take on Dr. Who statted up for Marvel.
- Another Doctor for Marvel Heroic Roleplaying by Brian Liberge provides a different take on The Doctor, also statted up for Marvel.
Both of these writeups for The Doctor completely nail it. Who says there’s only one way to do something?
Content from people involved with The Gamer Assembly posted elsewhere across the Internet.
- $200 of RPGs for $25 by Brent Newhall plugs the 2nd Annual Wayne Foundation Charity Pack. It’s only available until Friday, so hop to it!
Other interesting articles and cool links.
- The Pathfinder Online Technology Demo is a Kickstarter project to build a demo for a Pathfinder MMO. Here’s hoping it does well.
- First Dungeons and a Thank You to Mom at Gothridge Manor: A remembrance of mom’s generosity in giving a whole tablet of graph paper to a young gamer.
- Page Layout for Greg at Keith Davies – In My Campaign: Keith Davies provides some thoughts on laying out text and graphics in an RPG book.
- Underwater Cloak Monster: This article from Business Insider shows underwater footage of a type of jellyfish that’s basically one big undulating sheet.
- RPG Kickstarters: An index of only RPG-related projects on Kickstarter.
- I’m a Bad Geek at Dread Gazebo: Dread Gazebo shares his thoughts on the current state of the RPG blogosphere, and his relationship to it.
- Heroic Roleplaying Event – Batman’s Arkham Asylum at Exploring Infinity: A 51-page, 3-act Event for Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, featuring an assault on Arkham Asylum!
- Dave’s Mapper: A wonderful random dungeon generator, using multiple old-school-style tile sets.
A roundup of roundups featuring links of interest to the tabletop RPG community.
Please let us know about other weekly roundups in the comments!
- Game Knight Reviews comes out with Friday Knight News articles on Fridays. Check out this week’s Gaming Edition to see why we GM and who we GM for, 4 ways to use an iPad to help with your tabletop RPG, and 25 tips to create mystery.
- Roving Band of Misfits publishes their Weekly Roundup column every Sunday. This week’s Unhallowed Grove Map Edition gives us the phrase that makes cons more fun, several links to maps, and invented worlds known more clinically as paracosms.
- Keith Davies maintains In My Campaign and on Mondays he publishes a collection of Links of the Week including recommended Kickstarter projects and interesting YouTube videos. Take a look at this week’s collection which includes the arcane and awesome-looking Serpent’s Tongue Kickstarter, Gaiman on Copyright, and the release of Heroes Against Darkness.
- Gaming As Women gathers links in their This Week in Gaming and This Week in Feminism series of articles on Sundays. Both series are collected under the News category. This Week in Gaming features Lizzie Stark’s book Leaving Mundania: Inside the Transformative World of Live Action Role Playing Games and sightings of Monsterhearts in the wild.