Are you a GM whose players create one-dimensional characters?
Are you a player with a GM who wants you to flesh out a character, but you just don’t know where to start?
On our wiki, we’ve put together a page of Background Questions for Players. These are questions to ask yourself about a player-character’s history, to put muscle and flesh on the bones of the character’s statistics.
A few sample questions:
- List 3 things your character does well (that aren’t on the character sheet)
- List 3 instinctive mannerisms that your character exhibits
- Name 3 emotional attachments
- List 3 allies
- List 3 enemies, and why they’re enemies
- Why did your character choose his or her class? How was he or she trained?
What questions do you like to ask about player-characters? Let us know in the comments.